East Side Baptist Church Paragould, AR http://www.connect2eastside.com/ East Side Baptist Church was formed at a tent revival meeting on May 27, 1912 as Second Missionary Baptist Church of Christ. The church's first pastor was Revrend G.A. Crocker. The first known usage of the name "East Side Baptist Church" can be traced back to church minutes recorded on January 25, 1931. Since those early days, East Side has been faithful to extend the Gospel to the world through church plants, multiple mission trips, and consistent ministry at home. One of the major, formative moments in the history of East Side occurred on December 15,1985 when a massive fire completely destroyed the worship sanctuary (pictured above, bottom left). Out of the ashes rose a strong church with a renewed focus on Gospel proclamation and home and abroad. Currently East Side connects with over 600 people a week through worship and Sunday School. Our great passion is to see many people come to faith in Christ, grow in their relationship with Christ, and faithfully engage their world with the Gospel.